You may not be looking for an unconventional dining experience, but unconventional diner in dc may be just what you need. This restaurant is known for its unique atmosphere and delicious food. So if you’re looking for something different, read on to find out more about unconventional diner.
10 foods you didn’t know you could order at an unconventional diner dc
- Diners are known for their all-day breakfast menus, but did you know you can order other foods as well?
- Here are 10 unconventional foods you can order at a diner:
- French toast: this classic breakfast dish is usually made with bread, eggs, and milk. But at some diners, you can get creative and order french toast with different toppings like fruit or chocolate sauce.
- Pancakes: pancakes are another breakfast staple, but you can also find them on dinner menus at some diners. Order them plain or with toppings like chocolate chips or berries.
- Grilled cheese: this comfort food is usually associated with lunch or dinner, but you can also find it on diner breakfast menus. Order it plain or with add-ons like bacon or tomato soup.
- Blt: the blt is another lunchtime favorite that you can also order for breakfast at some diners. Add an egg to make it a hearty meal.
- Soup: soup might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a diner, but many of them serve up hearty soups that will fill you up. Choose from classics like chicken noodle or tomato soup, or try something more unique like chili or clam chowder.
- Salad: salads are usually thought of as a healthy lunch option, but they can also be a filling dinner entree at a diner. Toppings like chicken, bacon, and cheese make them hearty enough to satisfy your hunger without being too heavy.
- Burgers: you might not expect to find burgers on a diner menu, but they’re actually quite common! Order yours plain or topped with cheese, bacon, avocado, or anything else your heart desires…
- milkshakes: last but not least, no visit to a diner would be complete without ordering a milkshake (or two!). Whether you prefer chocolate, vanilla, strawberry,or something more unique, there’s sure to be a flavor that will tantalize your taste buds.
How to eat like a local at an unconventional diner dc
In the mood for something different? Check out one of these unconventional diners in dc! Whether you’re looking for a unique atmosphere or interesting menu items, these places will definitely give you a new dining experience.
One local favorite is the red derby in columbia heights. This retro-style diner is known for its delicious burgers and fries, and has a great selection of craft beers. If you’re looking for something a little fancier, try fiola mare in georgetown.
This upscale italian seafood restaurant has an impressive wine list and beautiful waterfront views.
So next time you’re in the mood for a change, ditch the chain restaurants and check out one of these unique local diners!
7 things you didn’t know about unconventional diner dc
- Diner dc is a unique dining experience in the heart of washington, d. c.
- The restaurant is known for its eclectic menu and unusual decor.
- Diner dc has been featured in several magazines and newspapers.
- The restaurant is owned by husband and wife team, chef michael babin and sommelier ann cashion.
- Diner dc was named one of the best new restaurants in washington, d. c. By washingtonian magazine.
- The restaurant has a private dining room that can accommodate up to 60 people.
- Diner dc is open for dinner tuesday through saturday and for brunch on sunday.
If you’re in the mood for some good old-fashioned diner food, but you don’t want to go to a conventional restaurant, then you should check out unconventional diner. This unique eatery is located in a converted school bus, and it’s sure to give you a dining experience that you won’t soon forget.
The menu at unconventional diner features all of your favorite diner classics, including burgers, fries, shakes, and more. And if you’re looking for something a little bit different, they also offer a selection of unique items that you won’t find at any other restaurant.
Address: 1207 9th St NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Phone number: +12028470122
They’re open every day from 11am to 10pm, so there’s plenty of time to stop by and enjoy a meal.